Not dead, but can't say Livejournal is a priority anymore. Too bad, it was fun for the longest, just faded off over the years. But I'm still kicking, still writing and surviving in this plague filled world. House fell through, got tired of excuses and waiting for it to be done. Book is waiting for some replacement art, finally got in touch with somebody that can get it published but gotta fix the problems highlighted. Maybe now I can get back to gaming and start adding to the list again. But that requires me to actually sit down and be around people again. I'm not big on the seclusion thing.
2501. No summoning half a dozen shriekers into the fighter's room at 3 AM out of spite.
2502. Can't take out the lich lord in one turn with a well placed gate to the Plane of Vacuum.
2503. Even if my sidekick and I max out the artillery and forward observer skills, still have to leave some bad guys for the rest of the party.
2504. Painting a flame job on the tortle isn't fooling anyone, especially him.
2505. No combining the most lethal parts of the pogo stick and the slapchop.
2506. We need to clarify all homonym definitions before meeting the royal court.
2507. If my bard doesn't hurry up and learn another song other than Yakkity Sax the party is going to drown him.
2508. If I'm to hide something, the best place to put it is not in the Player's Handbook index.
2509. Can't excuse my crappy map making skills with just the words 'Not to Scale'
2510. Michigan's Upper Peninsula does not have Wendigo Awareness Week in their schools.
2511. No one is going to believe the smoking crater was caused by a warpick malfunction.
2512. Constantly trying to disguise your name as an anagram is great if you're Elminster. Bob, not so much.
2513. The Harpo Marx mirror trick doesn't work on Imperial Stormtroopers.
2514. Polearms don't have a self destruct mechanism.
2515. I can only fit so many depth charges on the bass boat before the Coast Guard gets suspicious.
2516. The gnome bar has a better selection than just 57 flavors of Zima.( Collapse )
House was supposed to be fixed in January. It's August. Getting really tired of sitting around at a relative's house waiting for my kitchen to get installed.
224 pages. Full color. All custom art. Just finished it, waiting on two pieces of art and I've been doing interview after interview to generate interest. Hopefully just a matter of time.
Two years I've been working on the Mystara Player's Handbook. Paid out probably thousands in art. And now the art is done. All that is left is editing the book and setting the table of contents. Then wait to get published. The train at the end of the tunnel has finally arrived. It feels good.
1. Geist, designed for damage control. An optimistic yet extremely practical mind. Bonded with his assigned squad during the exploration phase, unusual for a GES to be close to aliens.
2. Spinal, the only one that could interface directly with the original ship's weapon systems and later the small Bifrost cruiser. Suspected to be absolutely insane because of his love of battle, to the point of once transferring power from life support to weapons.
3. Callisto, the engineer. A mathematical genius and one of the few female GES though all GES are thought to be sterile. She's capable of performing lightning-fast calculations to maximize power distribution. She's territorial of her station and likes to laugh at others not as smart as her in a weird off-putting manner.
4. Puller, the marine. A naturally created leader, he's considered the wingman to V5. While he's thorough and extremely professional, he's also loyal to a fault. Could be the leader of the group if he wanted it, but he prefers front line action.
5. Cassidy, the black op. The counterpart to V4, he's brash and reckless preferring instinct and shock tactics over tactics and planning. Always the first to volunteer he will often act without orders if he thinks he can catch the enemy by surprise.
6. Frost, artic ops. Designed to operate in freezing temperatures with little support, he's cocky and headstrong. He has a disdain for people unfamiliar with his element, preferring to show off and demonstrate how inferior they are to him.
7. Scout, recon specialist. Another female GES, also the shortest at only 5'5. She was designed to be slight to avoid detection. She's also one of the friendliest, making friends easily and across species. She shocked her alien friends when they discover she's still a hardened killer, just a perky one.
8. Zazz, the grenadier. Shows a bloodthirst that puts the others on edge. Known for shooting to wound to lure out medics or other support as well as enjoying the screams of the wounded. Has been adjusted more than once to reign in his sadistic streaks.
9. Temujin, the outrider. Only one of the two tandem designs in the GES. Temujin is bonded with an equine construct though not as efficiently as Rexx. Has a positive outlook during his downtime, but in combat is brutally efficient.
10. Bathory, the assassin. Considered the most attractive GES, she's also one of the most lethal. Can create a persona almost instantly, all the better to close on the target. Noone knows her true personality, as she prefers to keep everyone at arm's length.
11. Kilroy, hacker. Unrepentant prankster, likes to create chaos when he gets bored. Goes on unauthorized missions for practice, to see how much chaos he can sew before anyone knows he's gone. When not creating havoc is always upgrading his gear.
12. Pike, the mountaineer. Designed for survival in highly mountainous areas, Pike somehow developed a strong leadership streak. While not in any position of command, his confidence and his ability to think on his feet give his suggestions more weight.
13. Eve, the logistician. The techinical leader of Violet Squad. She is a complete ice queen, caring little for feelings and more about numbers. With an extremely high intelligence and a hypercritical eye, she is not afraid of pointing out people's failings.
14. Hayes, security. A quiet thinker and possibly the most observant member of the squad, Hayes is used often hired by other races to solve a mystery for them. The harder the mystery the happier he is, though he keeps his mood to himself always.
15. Rand, nuclear weapons. Deliberately designed to be the most ethical of any GES. Prefers to use conventional weapons, only goes to nuclear if commanded or absolutely necessary. Serves as a foil to the other more bloodthirst members of his squad. Slow to anger, as not to suddenly turn the area into a nuclear wasteland.
The Isis Coordinates (1990)
Planet of the Mists (1992)
Graveyard of Alderaan
Human Darokin Merchant Prince (wizard)
STR7 DEX14 CON11 INT16 WIS14 CHA16
Master Trader Feat
Background: Guild Artisan
Skills: Persuasion, Insight, History, Arcana, Religion
Tools: Jeweler's Kit
Hin Master (cleric)
STR11 DEX13 CON14 INT11 WIS16 CHA14
Folk Hero Background
Skills: Animal Handling, Survival, Persuasion, Religion
Human Thyatian Armiger
STR17 DEX16 CON14 INT12 WIS12 CHA13
Gemman style feat
Skills: Deception, Survival, Athletics, Intimidation
Rock (sky) Gnome Serraine Troubleshooter Rogue
STR10 DEX15 CON11 INT15 WIS10 CHA10
Guild Artisan Background
Skills: Insight, Persuasion, Investigation, Perception, Sleight of Hand, Stealth
Sidhe Lore Bard
STR12 DEX14 CON10 INT13 WIS8 CHA19
Far Traveler background
Skills: Insight, Perception, Performance, Arcana, Persuasion
Vyalia Elf Forrester
STR12 DEX17 CON13 INT12 WIS13 CHA10
Skills: Medicine, Religion, Athletics, Stealth, Perception
GM's Screen Adventure
Faith and Coin
2476. Nobody else appreciates the irony of drowning someone in a bucket of potions of waterbreathing.
2477. Can't waterboard a triton with just a dry towel.
2478. Viking rites of succession typically don't have a swimsuit segment.
2479. The can't be said about viking beauty pageants and their trial by combat segment.
2480. No convincing the party to play characters that combined requires 15,000,000 xp before one of us reaches 1st level.
2481. Kirk Fu is not a real martial art.
2482. There is no heart genasi, so we're going to have to find another way to defeat Juiblex.
2483. In the middle of a black ops can't call the target's tech support to get help breaking into their computer network.
2484. "Humor me" is not an acceptable targeting parameter on the robotic sentry guns.
2485. I will not cause the GM to break down because his new game is seriously flawed and unplayable until after character generation.
2486. The sergeant's inquiry on why I need 10 rolls of duct tape for the black ops was not a rhetorical question.
2487. There is no bag limit on orcs.
2488. My untouchable Rogue Trader will stop getting cheap thrills by sneaking up on the astropath.
2489. It is not a race to strip mine the planet.
2490. No, the module is not fooling itself thinking I'm just going to let the battleship power up and sail into deep space.
2491. No abusing the falling rules in the 5th edition to achieve faster than light travel in just six seconds.
2492. There is no place on the ship's bridge for my DJ booth.
2493. No using repulsors to turn the villain into a beach ball for my crew to enjoy while I give my victory speech.
2494. Gaining weapon mastery in the whip and earning a venomous snake as my animal companion are mutually exclusive achievements.
2495. No using the teleportarium on the hive city to guarantee my ship's rave isn't a bust.
2496. I will not spend profit factor to acquire any major league sports franchise.
2497. Making a hat out of a bear's head is okay. A drow's head not so much.
2498. Detect cliche 15' radius is not a real spell.
2499. No matter what the rules say, I can't catch an episode of Night Court between macrocannon shots.
2500. Any argument with my ex will be done verbally in person. Not across the battlefield in semaphore.